Statement of Principles:
Fuel Merchandise Group believes in the power of custom branded merchandise to unify people around the causes and passions which they believe. The services we provide aim toward helping our customers develop products with designs that are relevant. Our customers have diverse viewpoints and perspectives, which at times, can be reflected in the designs they create. We firmly believe we all shall be tolerant of those with differing viewpoints.
In rare instances, a design proposed by a customer may be offensive or threatening to others who view the design. In such cases, we use the following guidelines to assure our customers’ design goals are consistent with the standards and expectations of the Fuel Merchandise Group community and public. If a proposed design does not meet our Content Guidelines, we will work with the customer to help them create an alternative design which does meet our Content Guidelines.
Fuel Merchandise Group’s Content Guidelines provide guidance for customers in designing custom branded merchandise. Our Content Guidelines scale from “Acceptable”, “Maybe” and “Unacceptable” to account for the range of potential designs. We use this scale to assist customers in creating a design that meets the standards set forth. The ultimate decision on whether to approve a design, or not, will always rest with Fuel Merchandise Group. Fuel Merchandise Group reviews the Content Guideline policies on a regular basis and appropriately updates these policies based on feedback provided from our customers and team members.
ACCEPTABLE: Fuel Merchandise Group will print designs that:
- Use language and images appropriate for adults and children of all ages.
- Create a sense of community and are not likely to offend individuals or groups.
- Support intellectual property rights by using authorized images and content, including those owned or legally authorized to be used by the customer.
MAYBE: Fuel Merchandise Group may not print or may require changes to designs that:
- Include crass vulgarity, lewd language, or swear words.
- Feature implicit sex acts, non-frontal nudity, or other nudity of an artistic or health/medical nature.
- Have an overtly sexually connotation or tone, including strong sexual innuendo.
- Involve violent terms or images that are not directed at an individual or group, such as historical images of violence.
- Promote, feature or encourage illegal activities (other than those mentioned above).
- Might cause public outrage or inspire violence due to a recent event.
- Include other content that would be offensive to the Fuel Merchandise Group community
UNACCEPTABLE: Fuel Merchandise Group will NOT print designs that:
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others.
- Encourage violence or hate against individuals or groups.
- Attack, harass, or defame others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, national origin, or sexual identity.
- Include hate speech or symbols (including but not limited to swastikas, iron crosses, etc.).
- Promote, feature, or encourage the use of hard drugs (i.e. other than marijuana).
- Feature explicit sex acts or frontal nudity of a non-artistic or health/medical nature.
- Include sexually suggestive images or text involving children (including nudity).
- Promote, feature, or encourage underage drinking or illegal substance use by minors.